September is here and the students are back at school!
ENA is once again adopting LVM Elementary School through the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools Adopt-a-School Program for the 2017-2018 school year!
Check back often to find out ways that you can help us show support to the students, families, and staff at LVM!
What’s happening at LVM?
Help us pay off Negative Lunch Account balances! Many students are starting the school year with a negative lunch account balance carried over from last year for a whopping total of $1688.46! Let’s all work together to diminish this balance so these families in need have one less thing to worry about! ENA is collecting donations starting through the end of October and will be making a collective payment towards these negative accounts. If you are able to contribute to the cause please mail your donation to ENA, PO BOX 14625, Madison, WI 53708, Checks should be made out to ENA with LVM lunch accounts in the memo line. As a reminder ENA is a 501(c)3 organization so your donations are tax deductible.
Butter Braid Fundraiser is going on now through September 22 with pick up on October 11.Butterbraids are a delicious pastry that are great to have on hand in the freezer for the holidays or unexpected guests! Place your order through any LVM student or by contacting PTO President Cori at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save your Box Tops!
The PTO collects box tops as an ongoing fundraiser so start collecting and drop them off in the mailbox just inside the front doors of LVM Elementary or contact Cori at email@example.com and she will be happy to turn them in for you.
- Warm Winter Outerwear Drive in November- ENA will be collecting donations of warm winter outerwear to hand out to students in need.
- Classroom Restock Donation Drive in January- By this time classroom supplies are dwindling or have run out; ENA will find out from the teachers what they need to get through the school year and ask for your help to restock the classrooms!
One and Done!
Throughout the year there are several school and PTO sponsored events where additional volunteers are needed for a one time commitment. As these events approach we will ask for volunteers from Elvehjem Neighborhood to help out.
- Annual Book Fair
- Spring Read-a-thon
- End of the school year Field Day
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities!
There are so many ways that Elvehjem Neighborhood Residents can donate their time and enrich the lives of students on an ongoing basis.
- Become a Lunch Buddy and just eat with a student; there are students that crave this adult one on one attention and really look forward to these days.
- Become a Reading Buddy and come in to read to or listen to a student read to you.
- Volunteer to help out in a classroom or help a teacher with prep work for class projects or activities.
- Do you have a skill or hobby that you would like to share with the students? Why not do a classroom demonstration?
- Like to garden? Join the Garden Committee and help to plants, maintain, and expand the school garden.
To find out more about LVM Elementary School, you can visit their website here: https://lvm.madison.k12.wi.us/