There are many ways you can get involved in the neighborhood!
1. Serve on the Elvehjem Neighborhood Board of Directors
Do you want to help make Elvehjem Neighborhood a better place to live, work, and play? We currently have two open positions on the board and are seeking neighbors with financial, leadership, and/or technological experience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Board meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at East District Police Station at 809 South Thompson Drive from 7 to 9 p.m.
2. Volunteer to help with an event
Volunteers are always needed to help plan, set up, run, and clean up at events. Many hands make light work! Contact the board for more information or to sign up.
3. Start or join a club
Whether you are interested in cooking, crafting, board games, sports, cards, or something else the ENA Board can help you with promotion to get your club started. The Wooden Steps Running Club and The Elvehjem Neighborhood Book Club are both successful clubs started by neighbors just like you who wanted to share their passion with others.
4. Get involved with our Adopt-A-School Initiatives with LVM Elementary
ENA has officially “adopted” Elvehjem (LVM) Elementary through the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools Adopt-a-School Program for the 2016-2017 school year! We will be working closely with the LVM PTO and school staff to discover ways that we as a neighborhood can support the school and we will need YOUR help! Check the Elvehjem Elementary Tab for more details.
5. Sign Up for a Neighborhood Volunteer Position
Do you have an idea for a program or initiative in the neighborhood? We’d love to add you to our growing list of volunteers who give of their time as they are able, often from the comfort of their own residence. Contact email@example.com to share your vision or interest in getting involved. We’ll work around your schedule and availability to find a role that’s the right fit for you!
Current Elvehjem Neighborhood Valued Volunteers
- Chris Brockel-Community Garden
- Michelle Stellner-Book Club Leader
- Valerie Clemen-Sign Beautification
- Marilee Cronin-50th Anniversary Project
- Paul Cusick-Wooden Steps Running Club Leader
- Fran and John Heinowski-Sign Beautification
- Peggy Hoffmann-Race Director
- Audra Johnson-Echo Editor
- Justin Martin-Technology Coordinator
- Jamie Meise-Babysitter List
- Tiffany Roltgen-Race Director
- Joel Stone-Garlic Mustard Pull Leader
- Kate Strom Hiorns-Membership Drive District Coordinator
- Diana Winter-Garage Sale Coordinator